Wednesday, June 13, 2012

First attempt to share a document!

Okay, so today I am going to try and share with you one my favorite Kagan structures....and one of my class' favorites.  It is called Quiz, Quiz, Trade.  I am attaching (hopefully!) a QQT that I made up for the beginning of the school year - for Treasures Reading.  Print the cards and cut them out and fold them so the word is the same on both sides.  Each student gets a card.  You tell them to Stand Up - Hand Up (to give a high five to a partner) and pair up.  Once they have paired up they show the partner the card - partner reads the card and the one holding the card either praises the partner for getting the word correct or helps them to read it.  Then they trade jobs....the other partner shows his/her card and praises/coaches.  Once they have done that they TRADE CARDS and find new partners.  My class LOVES this!!  I let them do this for about 10 minutes.  It gives them a quick review of the words and helps them to learn to work together.  One important rule is THEY CAN'T PASS SOMEONE BY TO GET TO A FRIEND!!  They have to go to the person closest to them.  I love, love, love this structure!!  I have them made for all the Treasures Units and several for math, science, social studies......I guess my next adventure will be to get a Teacher Pay Teacher account :)  Let me know what you think!!!
Here is the link:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r94X9Xbe0s7CwWW3w2QW9JkQM8vYrq5Ur65ZXRsChBY/edit

Linda

4 comments: