Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Little More about Me :)

I am so excited!!  I am starting a program at my school for my first grade team called Growing Readers.  It is based off of a program at my daughter's school..(that was funded by a  wealthy Cincinnati family) ...I have put together 9 boxes of books with 30 books in each box.  The students will have the chance to take a book home every night to read.  They will bring it back each day for a new book.  I have collected books for years that have been sitting in my spare bedrooms - so now they have a better use!!  I have made up lists of each book in each box and we are ready to go!  


I thought I should also explain to you about my banner picture.  I took that photo last year while my hubby and I were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary.  We took a trip to the Grand Canyon and I got to walk out on the Sky Walk!!  It was soooo cool!!!  If you have never been to the Grand Canyon or LasVegas - GO!!!  It was so much fun - and we are not gamblers so we didn't lose any money!!


I have told you that I teach using Kagan Cooperative Learning.  This approach really helps kids learn to work together and have a vested interested in their learning and that of their classmates.  If you have never heard of it....check it out!  Kaganonline.com


Hope you are resting and enjoying your summer!!


Linda

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE doing "baggy books"--or at least that's what I call them!!

    Vegas is on our to-do list. One of these days!! :)

    ღDeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really need to go!! It is trying to be more "family" friendly --- but still too many pictures around that I wouldn't want little ones to see.....We took a tour bus from Vegas to the Grand Canyon and it was so wonderful!!! I like "baggy books" too.....But I'm not going to be able to provide baggies for them....they will just take them home in their backpacks :)

      Delete